Please download Parent Hub app as it is now our main (and very easy) form of communication with our community!
A warm welcome to Hayfield Primary School. We hope you enjoy exploring our website and you gain a clear understanding of life at our fantastic school.
Hayfield is a scenic village lying at the foot of Kinder Scout in the Derbyshire Peak District. Our school caters for children, aged 4-11, who live in the village and surrounding areas. We are an integral part of the community in this vibrant village. Our children enjoy taking part in many community events such as Apple Day, Well Dressing and the May Queen Festival.
We are all very proud to work here, adults and children alike. The school is a happy and safe place for children to learn and grow and is set in a stunning location. The team at Hayfield Primary work extremely hard to help every child achieve their full potential during their time with us. The staff pride themselves in knowing each and every child. This results in them supporting, encouraging, nurturing, reassuring and challenging each child every step of the way.
experience our school
Latest Newsround stories
- Changing Faces calls for the way villains look in movies to change
Charity Changing Faces calls for the way villains look in films to change.
- World Cup: Which Belgium player should England be worried about?
England play their final group match against Belgium, but which star player should England be worrie…
- Smoking: Should it be banned at the school gates?
A group of school children have had enough of adults smoking near school gates, so they decided to d…
- Can you guess which singer this is?
Here's a clue - she's pretty famous!
- Sir David Attenborough: 'I'm astonished' by Blue Planet plastic impact
The wildlife expert says he's been wowed by how much people are doing to tackle plastic in the ocean…
Latest EVENTS FEED Events
- PTA Christmas Cracker01Dec2023
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Christmas Jumper Day07Dec2023
News and features from BBC News - Education and Family
- Teachers use AI for planning and marking, says report
The government says teachers are cutting admin time, but there are concerns about reliability.
- Family of head teacher hope lessons can be learned
The inquest into the death of Ruth Perry, who killed herself ahead of an Ofsted report, begins later…
- Racism: Abuse being normalised in Wales' schools - report
Bowen says he suffered a tirade of racial abuse from a fellow pupil when he was at school.
- Mum's plea to stop filming violence in Scotland's schools
Vicky Donald says her daughter got so sick of seeing videos circulating of her attack she gave up he…
- Children making AI-generated child abuse images, says charity
A charity says it is receiving "small numbers" of reports from schools but now is the time to act.