Please download Parent Hub app as it is now our main (and very easy) form of communication with our community!
A warm welcome to Hayfield Primary School. We hope you enjoy exploring our website and you gain a clear understanding of life at our fantastic school.
Hayfield is a scenic village lying at the foot of Kinder Scout in the Derbyshire Peak District. Our school caters for children, aged 4-11, who live in the village and surrounding areas. We are an integral part of the community in this vibrant village. Our children enjoy taking part in many community events such as Apple Day, Well Dressing and the May Queen Festival.
We are all very proud to work here, adults and children alike. The school is a happy and safe place for children to learn and grow and is set in a stunning location. The team at Hayfield Primary work extremely hard to help every child achieve their full potential during their time with us. The staff pride themselves in knowing each and every child. This results in them supporting, encouraging, nurturing, reassuring and challenging each child every step of the way.
experience our school
Latest Newsround stories
- Changing Faces calls for the way villains look in movies to change
Charity Changing Faces calls for the way villains look in films to change.
- World Cup: Which Belgium player should England be worried about?
England play their final group match against Belgium, but which star player should England be worrie…
- Smoking: Should it be banned at the school gates?
A group of school children have had enough of adults smoking near school gates, so they decided to d…
- Can you guess which singer this is?
Here's a clue - she's pretty famous!
- Sir David Attenborough: 'I'm astonished' by Blue Planet plastic impact
The wildlife expert says he's been wowed by how much people are doing to tackle plastic in the ocean…
Latest EVENTS FEED Events
- School returns26Feb2024
- FAP governors04Mar2024
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
News and features from BBC News - Education and Family
- US teen punished for hairstyle at school speaks out
Darryl George has been in in-school isolation for the length of his locs hairstyle since August.
- Schools 'cannot provide first aid kits and soap'
Dr Graham Gault says it will take a generation to fix educational underfunding in Northern Ireland.
- University takes stand on antisemitism after graffiti
The university says "we will not tolerate antisemitism, Islamophobia, or any form of racism".
- Parents fear son 'won't cope' in mainstream school
Joseph, 11, was born three months prematurely and has autism and learning difficulties.
- Parenting YouTuber Ruby Franke jailed for child abuse
The former influencer is sentenced to between four and 60 years in prison for abusing her children.