Our School VALUES and ethos
Our pupils will be happy, healthy and caring, with a positive and resilient attitude to learning and life. The school community will be respectful, resourceful and open-minded in all that it does. Children will be helped to develop the confidence, knowledge and skills to reach their potential and make a positive contribution to society. We strongly promote 'trying your best' and strong praise to reinforce positive attitudes to learning.
We want every child to:
- Be happy and secure, and to know how to keep themselves healthy and safe.
- Have positive self-esteem, to develop a strong sense of self-worth, with the resilience and confidence to achieve success, develop own interests, strengths and talents, and fulfil potential.
- Love learning, and experience a rich, vibrant, engaging curriculum, and become life-long, enthusiastic learners who ask questions to develop their thinking and a growth mindset.
- Make excellent progress across the curriculum, achieving the highest standards of competence of which they are capable - always trying their best.
- Be a good citizen, to develop a strong sense of community, citizenship and social awareness, with integrity and a good code of morals and ethics by which to lead their lives and set an example to others.
- Form positive relationships and to know how to be a good friend: be caring; share and take turns; have trust, tolerance and respect; be a good listener and empathise with others
Our school curriculum, which follows the National Curriculum, will be driven by a contextual emphasis on:
Working together with parents, friends, local schools and businesses to provide enriched and relevant learning experiences for all.
- Having opportunities to experience a wide range of sports, music, art and drama, and to recognise and develop individual talents and interests.
- Having a good understanding of sustainability and environmental issues affecting our world; and showing care, respect and responsibility for the environment, both at local and global level.
- Working together with parents, friends, local schools and businesses to provide enriched and relevant learning experiences for all.
Sports and the Arts
Having opportunities to experience a wide range of sports, music, art and drama, and to recognise and develop individual talents and interests.